Alternative site proposed by FoMPF:
FoMPF has designed and submitted a new planning application
(Horsham District Council Reference DC/13/1296) for a skatepark
in the car park at the Steyning Leisure Centre.
It is the same size as the one at Henfield, which has a similar population size.
It has the following advantages over the Memorial Playing Field site:
1. First aid and toilet facilities on site
2. Parking and drop off facilities on site
3. Excellent access for all including emergency vehicles and for those with a disability
4. Excellent natural surveillance in accordance with police and RoSPA recommendations
5. No overall loss of parking spaces
6. Hours of use can be controlled by fencing
7. Close to bus services
8. Convenient for after school use
9. Frees land at MPF so a second football pitch can be provided for Steyning Strikers
10. No National Park, Area of Outstanding National Beauty, Village Green or bio-diversity constraints on the site
11. Other family members can simultaneously use Leisure Centre facilities
12. Approved by RoSPA
PLEASE WRITE AGAIN TO HDC TO SUPPORT OUR NEW PLANNING APPLICATION
Letters of support for the new skatepark application DC/13/1296 need to be received by HDC by Friday 2nd August. 2013.